Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tarred.

Tarred? Yes. Tarred. Or as most spell it, tired.

My Granddaddy Wright was a Kentucky Hillbilly. He would answer the telephone "mmmmyellow". He had false teeth that he liked to keep in his pocket and fool us into reaching in for Werthers Original. He loved Hee-Haw, Snuffy Smith, NASCAR and Budweiser. He loved to sit under his carport and watch the tractors and cars drive by on what used to be a country road. He loved collards and chitlens and made the very best sausage and gravy I will ever eat in my life. And if you asked him, "how are you, Granddaddy?", his response was "Shooooweeeee, I'm tarred!!" And he would wipe his bald head dramatically with his hanky or bandana or paper towel, whatever the cloth of the day was. He was a good granddaddy. I reckon he was the funniest man I've known and I miss him a lot.

So how am I today? "Shooooweeeee, I'm tarred!!"

I got up this morning with a nagging headache. I gagged while taking my vitamins, one of which is redonkulous in size and I found out at the docs today that I should be taking 4x that amount....per day. I have to sit to dry my hair right now. Otherwise I don't have the energy to fix my lunch and walk Paris. Thankfully the 30 minute drive to work gives me the time to rejuvenate physically. Today, when I got to work, I needed a nap. I miss the days working at the RBC Plaza where we had "quiet rooms". I guess I could try to get access to the new mothers room, but there's one slight problem...I'm not a new mother. Oh well.

Speaking of the doctor, he said everything is on track. The vitamins are the new norm: B-Complex, D, Iron, Omega-3, B-12 injections, calcium, and I think that's it?? I can start gradually exercising. Oh and I've lost 33 lbs. Yay!!

Work is crazy. We have a HUGE project we are working on and it's stressing folks out. A lot of folks are leaving...some retiring, some changing jobs, others...well, I won't go there. I'm getting a complex. Two of them sit on either side of me... I try to remember my deodorant each day. Gosh, just tell me if I stink...

So by the end of the day, I was chugging along and never happier to pack up to go home.

Because, Shooooweeeee, I'm tarred!!

Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment