Friday, December 7, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year... Kinda...

I love Christmas.  I do.  I love the smells, sights and joy of Christmas.  It's my favorite holiday.  But there are things I don't like about Christmas.  The shopping... I really really hate shopping.  I'm not sure what happened, but my sister got the shopping gene... not me.  I even get quite irritated with online shopping.  Really really irritated.  

Tonight, for instance.  I have been looking for a bathrobe for one little fella in my life... he wants a blue bathrobe to wear around the house like Greg Brady does on the Brady Bunch.  Do you know how many blue bathrobes I have found?  4.  That's right... FOUR.  Do you know how many are in N's size?  ZERO.  Zilch.  Nada.  Come on??!!!  What the hay bales happened to ALL of the bathrobes?  They can't ALL be out of stock??!!  I finally ordered a navy one from Amazon.  It will do.  I am not happy about it.  

Another thing I don't like about Christmas... unrealistic expectations.  Now, you are probably thinking "you don't have to do what other folks ask you to do..."  That's not what I mean.  I mean the unrealistic expectations I set for myself.  I have about 10 canvases sitting behind me at the "craft table" (dining room table converted into a craft table) and they are white and begging to be painted.  So what do I do?  Yank a muscle in my neck.  Yep.  No painting for me.  No homemade gifts for my peeps.  If you get one, you got lucky and I did it before I gave up.  

And the last thing I don't like about Christmas... the loneliness.  Coming home alone.  Not having that person to vent to about my crappy day at work.  Not having anyone to snuggle with or massage my neck since it hurts so bad.  I know... everyone says it's not all it's cracked up to be, but when you are single and alone... it's better than this.  

All this to say, I can't wait to have this surgery so I can focus on me.  Me, myself and I.  I need some time to focus on Kelley.  Time to focus on the new Kelley and the new lifestyle I will be living soon.  

I am excited about Christmas... just not the busy-ness of Christmas.  I think I'm going to finish my shopping online and just relax and enjoy the rest of the month.  Forget the handmade stuff.  I'm done!

Today's surgery update:
"I got shot in the buttocks" ... with 50,000 IU of B12.  Forrest would be proud...  I honestly can't feel anything back there anyway, so it was fine :)  I also got a call from the Case Manager who has been working on gathering everything to send to the insurance company... apparently she hasn't received all of my records.  So I had to call around today... I got in touch with one of them, but not the other.  She sent me an email and said that I am at risk of not getting it scheduled in December if we can't get the information we need... so I'm a little stressed about that. I hope to get in touch with the other on Monday... even if I have to drive to Rocky Mount to take care of it!

For the rest of you who are stressing like I am... a dear friend told me tonight "take a deep breath and remember someone else has it a lot worse than you."  She is so right.  There is always someone out there that can use our help and prayers, year round, but even more at this time of year.  Pay it forward!  Perform your random acts of kindness!  

I'll be sitting here enjoying my Christmas decorations and wrapping presents as they arrive via that nice brown truck with that nicely dressed fella in that nice little brown uniform.  :)  What??  A girl can dream!!

Here's a pic of my sweet girl with her new Christmas bandanna.

Merry Christmas!
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment