Friday, January 11, 2013

Bad Day/Good Day

Yesterday... Bad Day...

Being excited about "the mushies", I decided to scramble some eggs yesterday morning.  Bad... bad idea.  I took 4 bites, chewed very well, did not eat very fast at all... and they stuck.  They stuck in one spot.  And it hurt.  Badly.  So for the next 4 hours, I was hurting.  I couldn't eat anything for a while, so I just relaxed.  I went to my eye doctor... got the normal lecture about wearing my contacts too long. I was hoping to get out of there cheap... ha!  Not gonna happen.  Although, I did find some AMAZING glasses.  I can't wait to get them!  They're so cool!

Although I found beautiful glasses and got my eyes checked (which the prescription hasn't changed, thank goodness), I had a nice little migraine from the dilation.


I decided yesterday afternoon that it was time to try a recipe from a book I have been reading.  Before & After – Living & Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery (HarperCollins Publishers 2007,2012) by Susan Maria Leach is both a memoir and a cookbook.  I found several recipes for this phase of pureed eating that I am excited about.  So I attempted a Pizza Bake, an alternative for pizza cravings.  It was fabulous!!  It consisted of marinara sauce, ricotta cheese, very finely diced turkey pepperoni, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and Italian spices.  It was SO yummy.  It helped make a bad day better.  :)

Today was a Good Day!
I did work for a little while yesterday.  I logged in and checked email... then I called in for our team meeting late yesterday afternoon.  This morning, I woke up later than I expected.  I haven't set an alarm in a few weeks, so I just didn't think about it last night.  I got up around 9 (that felt great!) and decided at the last minute to head into the office.  I wanted to go in and have lunch with some folks and take down my Christmas decorations at my desk.  I also just wanted to get out of the house!!  And I wanted to see how I would do with packing up things to take to eat, etc.  I was dressed, packed up, dog walked and out the door in an hour and eleven minutes!! I surprised myself!

Once I got to the office, I realized I should've probably taken it a little slower.  I was shaky and weak... but I hung in there until about 3:00 this afternoon.  After discussing my leave of absence with my manager and realizing that I either had to come back to the office full time next week or stay home and work next week, I have decided I will stay home and work from home next week.  That way I can make sure I'm not overdoing it and strong enough to go back full time the week I had intended to.  The doctor has officially released me, but I'm just not there yet.  I'm glad that I'm in tune enough with my body to know when enough is enough.  I came home this afternoon (after stopping for Wendy's Chili for a change in food for the night) and have been relaxing and resting since.

Work was great - everyone was happy to see me and seemed to think I looked brighter and perkier than usual.  I have this smile that I can't seem to hide.  I guess that's what happens when you're 28 lbs lighter and 1 1/2 sizes down... speaking of, I need to reorganize my closet this weekend... I hope I can find clothes that at least stay on long enough to make it through a work day!  Don't want to risk losing my pants while walking down the hall... I think that would be worse than a sharting event!!

I have a before/after picture.  The before picture is really bad...grainy and much like a mug shot... but it's the best I have for the side by side.  It was taken on Christmas Eve, two days before surgery.  The other was taken yesterday - the hair is different.  I don't really see the difference... but everyone else does.  I have a sweet friend that once told me that she can always tell I'm losing weight when my chin starts to become more pronounced.  Well, there it is... in all its glory.  :)
Well, speaking of resting, I am heading to bed.  
Thankful for so much today!  Managers and team members that are flexible with my need to heal, so many great friends that are so encouraging and of course my amazing family that has stood behind me this entire time.  

Good night, all!
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment