Monday, February 11, 2013

A New Day at Old Navy

Last week was crazy busy and this weekend I had all intentions of going to the gym for some swim time and yoga and then relaxing for the weekend. Haha. I should know by now to not make plans to relax...it never works out as I intended. I came home Friday night after stopping by Trader Joes on the way home. I got some yummies there and came home with plans to cook. My body had other intentions. I sat in the chair to relax a bit and woke up 2 1/2 hours later, not quite sure what day it was. It really annoys me when this happens because I feel so unproductive. I got a bite to eat and then went to bed. So much for Friday night.

Saturday, I woke up around 7. I got up and went downstairs to have breakfast and relax on the couch. There was a swim class at 9:30 and a yoga class at 11. I guess I relaxed so much I woke up at 10 on the couch. Then my sister called and said they were coming to Raleigh for the day. By the time they got here, my stomach was screaming at me for something I had eaten. Jamie wanted to return some stuff to Old Navy. Lily was with us and we decided to stop at Panera for lunch. I had soup and Jamie had soup/salad. Lily had what looked like an amazing pb&j because she wore it all over her face!!

We eventually ended up at Old Navy. I had ordered some workout clothes and needed to return some (too big!!), so I started looking around. I honestly didn't think I would find anything that fit. we walked around for a while and Lily and I picked out some clothes for her to try on with us. We got matching Wonder Woman T-shirts. I felt a little old when she said "who is that???", but after I told her I used to watch the cartoon, she really liked it. She also liked the Smurfs and Batgirl T-shirts. She's a funny kid...favorite shows are The Brady Bunch and Full House... Noah's favorites are Bonanza and Daniel Boone. Love those kids!

Anyway, we all three hauled into the dressing room at the same time. Lily modeled while Jamie and I flew through clothes. I ended up with more than them.... Because I can actually wear the clothes in Old Navy now!! It's been at least 10 years since I've shopped in there. It's exciting!! I would have paid twice the amount I paid at Lane Bryant or somewhere that sold plus sizes. It's nice to be able to fit into things that don't cost extra for being a fluffy chick.

I slept most of Sunday away with a migraine, but I did get a wifi DVD player at an auction in RMT. This then led to a Netflix membership renewal and which then led to a marathon of the first season of Downton Abbey. Can't wait until season 2 is available! Have also been catching up on movies. I worked from home today and planning to head to the gym tomorrow morning to try out the pool for the first time. We'll see how that goes! It's a new week!!

Kell

3 comments:

  1. SO excited for you! Congratulations a thousand times over! Love, Aunt Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently found Downton Abbey! Watched the first two episodes- which led to a Season 1 marathon- ha! I found season two here, just in case you haven't found it yet. I Love You!

    http://www.hulu.com/downton-abbey

    ReplyDelete